Rakuten is one of the Affiliate networks potential publishers can apply to within our affiliate program. This article outlines how you can get started on Rakuten.
How to apply to Rakuten
- You can apply directly on Rakuten via the following link.
- For more information and helpful tips regarding the application process, please review this Rakuten article.
The review process may take over a week, as the application volume is high and each application is considered and reviewed thoroughly. If you do not get any reply after one week’s time, please feel free to contact our support team.
Once you have been approved for our Affiliate program, you can access our various links to use on your website or social media channels and start promoting Udemy courses.
To use our pre-generated links, log into your Rakuten account. Then go to Links > Get Links > select Udemy > Links > select the link type.
We offer a variety of link types in our program. These links contain the affiliate code and other information, which will ensure that you receive proper commissions for any sales generated when one of your site visitors clicks through our website.
- Text/Email Links: these links are in HTML code. You can add them to emails or use them in articles. You can change the final text visible as well by editing the text in the ‘Link Code’ box.
- Product Links: recommend a particular Udemy course to your visitors by linking directly to it. You may use the product text link, the product image link, or both.
- Banner/image: available in different sizes. Rakuten shows them as HTML code that you can copy and paste. Banners are not specific to a course; they often send people to our Home Page, Udemy.com, or to a specific category.